DeadlinesPre-Registration is now closed for 2018. We still accept onsite registrations at the event.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Saturday, June 9, 2018
8:00am - 40K Road Race
10:30am - 5K Time Trial
Sunday, June 10, 2018
8:00am - 20K Road Race
10:00am - 10K Time Trial
All cycling competition will begin at the Hatton-McCredie Elementary School located in Callaway County on Route M approximately 1 ¼ miles north of Interstate 70. To reach the site from Columbia, take Interstate 70 east approximately 15 miles to Exit 144 (Route M). Go north on Route M approximately 1 ¼ miles to the school.
Deadline for entries will be May 31, 2018. Registrations will also be accepted the day of the event at the race site.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Cycling
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the 2018 Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event! The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. Friday, June 8. It will be held in Columbia, MO at Peach Tree Catering. There will be a brief program followed by the meal. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
- Sport Rules- All cycling events will be governed by the U.S. Cycling Federation rules except as modified herein.
- Participants must provide their own bicycles
- Multigear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted.
- There may be no protective shield, faring, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF.
- Riders must wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet (with sticker affixed) that is properly secured on the head.
- "Aero bars" shall not be permitted in the 20K and 40K Road Races.
- In the time trial events, holders will be available if contestant does not provide his/her own. The holders will neither restrain nor push contestants.
- The Commissioner will determine the starting order for time trials.
- Riders will start at 30-second intervals for time trials.
- If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
- Restarts will NOT be permitted.
- The road races will be mass start at approximately 10-minute intervals by age division and gender with combinations when needed.
- Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- In time trial events, when overtaking the 30-second man, a rider may not draft and must pass in a safe manner so that he/she does not impede the progress of the passed rider. No rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
- Safety of ALL riders must be the paramount rule for each rider.
- In the "HOMESTRETCH" the leaders must ride in a straight line, parallel to the course.
- Crashes: The effect of each crash will be decided by the commissioner, who will have the option of stopping the race (with subsequent restart) or allowing the race to continue.
- In the case of ties, duplicate medals will be awarded.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2019 SUMMER NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2018 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Albuquerque, NM.
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the Summer National Senior Games.
- Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a 20K or 40K cycling race may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
- Cyclists qualifying in either the 5K or 10K time trial may enter both time trial events.
- Cyclists qualifying in either the 20K or 40K road races may enter both road race events.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|CY001||Cycling - 40K Road Race|
|CY002||Cycling - 5K Time Trial|
|CY003||Cycling - 20K Road Race|
|CY004||Cycling - 10K Time Trial|
|2018 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|Cycling - 40K Road Race|
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood||1:18:30|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis||1:22:49|
|75-79 F||1||Lois Jazo||1:27:08|
|50-54 M||1||Mark Short||1:13.30|
|2||Minh Hoac, Bowling Green||1:21:43|
|3||James "Ken" Moore, Fultondale, AL||1:34:04|
|4||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||1:34:06|
|55-59 M||1||John Cole, Lake Lotawana||1:04:16|
|3||Barry Bean, Gideon||1:04:21|
|4||Don Hinkebein, Jackson||1:04:23|
|6||David Layfield, O'Fallon, IL||1:13:35|
|60-64 M||1||Lance Farr, Evansville, IN||1:04:16|
|3||Bob Wisecup, Independence||1:04:19|
|4||Dennis Lilly, St Louis||1:04:20|
|6||JC Cancelleri, Kansas City||1:27:05|
|7||Douglas Bayer, Lee's Summit||1:31:21|
|65-69 M||1||Robert Thompson, Lakewood, CO||1:04:23|
|2||Roger Hinson, Rogersville||1:13:20|
|4||John Albrow, Morton, IL||1:18:55|
|6||James Doggett, Springfield||1:37:11|
|70-74 M||1||Donavon Hottman, Shawnee, KS||1:13:40|
|2||Frank Quinlan, Overland Park, KS||1:21:19|
|3||William Schart, Columbia||1:31:21|
|75-79 M||1||Bill Earp, Independence||1:04:25|
|2||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||1:13:50|
|Cycling - 5K Time Trial|
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood||10:25|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis||9:50|
|55-59 F||2||Gay Ely||10:42|
|75-79 F||1||Lois Jazo||10:45|
|50-54 M||1||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||8:38|
|3||Minh Hoac, Bowling Green||10:20|
|4||James "Ken" Moore, Fultondale, AL||10:44|
|55-59 M||1||John Cole, Lake Lotawana||7:53|
|2||Kevin Tempel, Olathe, KS||8:17|
|60-64 M||1||Scott Sifferman, Mt Vernon||7:19|
|2||Douglas Bayer, Lee's Summit||8:12|
|3||Lance Farr, Evansville, IN||8:15|
|4||Dennis Noel, Rolla||8:18|
|5||Dennis Lilly, St Louis||9:10|
|65-69 M||1||Tom Tice||8:28|
|2||Gerald Tipton, Independence||8:30|
|4||Roger Hinson, Rogersville||9:25|
|5||Jack Simons, Ballwin||9:56|
|6||John Albrow, Morton, IL||10:54|
|7||Robert Thompson, Lakewood, CO||10:48|
|70-74 M||1||Frank Quinlan, Overland Park, KS||9:14|
|2||Donavon Hottman, Shawnee, KS||11:05|
|3||William Schart, Columbia||12:02|
|75-79 M||1||Bill Earp, Independence||9:15|
|2||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||9:31|
|3||David Dickerson, Aldrich||10:20|
|80-84 M||1||Patrick Bunch, Roeland Park, KS||10:16|
|Cycling - 20K Road Race|
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood||36:47|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis||39:10|
|3||Karen Reider, Columbia||43:58|
|75-79 F||1||Lois Jazo||39:52|
|50-54 M||1||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||32:51|
|3||James "Ken" Moore, Fultondale, AL||37:09|
|4||Minh Hoac, Bowling Green||38:15|
|55-59 M||1||Kevin Tempel, Olathe, KS||29:40|
|3||John Cole, Lake Lotawana||29:42|
|4||Barry Bean, Gideon||30:48|
|6||Don Hinkebein, Jackson||32:03|
|7||David Layfield, O'Fallon, IL||33:31|
|60-64 M||1||Dennis Lilly, St Louis||29:43|
|2||Dennis Noel, Rolla||30:47|
|3||JC Cancelleri, Kansas City||30:49|
|4||Douglas Bayer, Lee's Summit||32:21|
|65-69 M||1||Roger Hinson, Rogersville||33:53|
|2||Gerald Tipton, Independence||34:19|
|3||John Albrow, Morton, IL||36:59|
|4||James Doggett, Springfield||44:06|
|70-74 M||1||Andy Brown||30:49|
|2||Fred Vogt, The Woodlands, TX||33:50|
|3||Donavon Hottman, Shawnee, KS||33:51|
|4||William Schart, Columbia||42:28|
|75-79 M||1||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||33:52|
|80-84 M||1||Patrick Bunch, Roeland Park, KS||40:41|
|Cycling - 10K Time Trial|
|50-54 F||1||Tina Latham, Wildwood||21:26|
|55-59 F||1||Dessa Paris, St Louis||21:20|
|2||Lorie Francis, Rolla||22:06|
|3||Karen Reider, Columbia||25:10|
|4||Lisa Meester, Dubuque, IA||27:01|
|75-79 F||1||Lois Jazo||23:03|
|50-54 M||1||Michael McGarr, Edwardsville, IL||18:59|
|3||Minh Hoac, Bowling Green||20:27|
|4||James "Ken" Moore, Fultondale, AL||23:14|
|55-59 M||1||John Cole, Lake Lotawana||16:15|
|60-64 M||1||Dennis Noel, Rolla||17:09|
|65-69 M||1||Tom Tice||17:58|
|2||Gerald Tipton, Independence||18:55|
|3||Roger Hinson, Rogersville||18:56|
|4||John Albrow, Morton, IL||22:30|
|70-74 M||1||Andy Brown||18:30|
|70-74 M||2||William Schart, Columbia||24:55|
|70-74 M||3||W. Malcolm Knarr, Overland Park, KS||27:26|
|75-79 M||1||Maurice John, Louisville, KY||19:37|
|80-84 M||1||Patrick Bunch, Roeland Park, KS||26:10|