Entries will continue to be accepted until May 31. No on-site registrations will be accepted.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Friday, June 7, 2019 - 2:00pm
All HORSESHOES competition will be held at Cosmopolitan Park. “Cosmo” Park is located just north of I-70 on Business Loop 70 West. Take the Stadium Boulevard exit of I-70 and go north on Stadium Boulevard to the first traffic light. Turn right (east) at the traffic light onto Business Loop 70 west. The entrance to Cosmo Park is on the north side of Business Loop 70 approximately ½ mile east of Stadium Boulevard. Once you are in Cosmo Park, turn west from the traffic circle and drive approximately ¼ mile to the horseshoe courts.
Deadline for entries will be May 31. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Horseshoes
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event!
The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Friday of the Senior Games. It will be held in Columbia, MO at Peachtree Catering. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
For more information, visit:
- Players should bring their own horseshoes that meet NHPA specifications.
- All rules of the National Horseshoe Pitchers Association shall be followed.
- Men 50 – 69: Competitors shall pitch from a 40-foot distance.
- Men 70+: Competitors shall pitch from a 30-foot distance.
- Women 50 – 74:Competitors shall pitch from a 30 foot distance
- Women 75+: Competitors shall pitch from a 20-foot distance.
- A coin or horseshoe flip shall determine who pitches first at the start of the game.
- Contestants will observe foul lines at all times.
- Players pitching first shall step to rear of opponent after delivering shoes to avoid disturbing the opponent’s concentration. After delivering their shoes, both players will walk to the opposite end of the court together to tally their scores.
- Scoring will be on the cancellation method.
- Pitching: A 15-minute default time will be enforced.
- The pitcher must stand on one of the pitching platforms. Players may use the platform on either side of the court. Feet must stay behind the foul line and within the platform limits until the shoe has left the pitcher’s hand. When not pitching, the opponent shall stand quietly and stationary on or behind the same court’s opposite pitching platform and at least 2 feet behind the contestant who is pitching and from the same or adjacent court. Such an offense incurs a loss of score in that inning. No player may walk to the opposite stake, or be informed of the position of the shoes before an inning is complete. Once thrown, shoes may not be moved or touched until the scores have been decided. Such an offense incurs a loss of score in that inning.
- Shoes must be within six inches of the stake to be scored. A shoe that first strikes the ground outside the target area or rebounds from the backboard cannot be scored, nor can any shoe thrown from an invalid position. Such shoes may be removed from the target area on the request of the opponent. A shoe that lands in the scoring area and breaks is not scored; it is removed and another pitch taken.
- A ringer is a shoe that encircles the stake so that a straight edge could touch the two prongs of the shoe without touching the stake.
- The first competitor to reach 21 points or the competitor with the highest score after 30 shoes are pitched shall be the winner.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2019 SUMMER NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2018 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Albuquerque, NM.
In Horseshoes, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|HS001||Horseshoes - Singles|
|HS002||Horseshoes - Doubles|
|2018 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|65-69 F||1||Bernie Schuette, Topeka, KS|
|80-84 F||1||Bonita Robins, Topeka, KS|
|50-54 M||1||James "Ken" Moore, Fultondale, AL|
|55-59 M||1||John Jelinek, O'Fallon, IL|
|70-74 M||1||Larry Joe Pauley, Columbia|
|75-79 M||1||Duane Shaw, Kansas City, KS|
|85-89 M||1||Ron Jelinet, Smithton, IL|
|2||Ed True, O'Fallon, IL|
|55-59 M||1||John Jelinek, O'Fallon, IL|
|85-89 M||1||Ron Jelinek, Smithton, IL|