Entries will continue to be accepted until May 31. On-site registrations will be accepted.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Friday, June 7, 2019
1500M Race Walk
Saturday, June 8, 2019
7:30am - 5K Road Race
7:30am - 5K Race Walk
Sunday, June 9, 2019
7:30am - 10K Road Race
The 1500 Meter Race Walk will be held at:
MU’s Audrey J. Walton Stadium
1100 Stadium Blvd, Columbia.
The 5K Race Walk, 5K Road Race and 10K Road Race will begin at:
4500 Bethel St, Columbia.
Deadline for entries will be May 31. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Road Race
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event!
The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Friday of the Senior Games. It will be held in Columbia, MO at Peachtree Catering. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
For more information, visit:
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Age division for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all individual and doubles competitions: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES
- Athletes must use proper race walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges.
BASIC RULES OF RACE WALKING
Race walking is a progression of rapid steps. These rapid steps must meet the following rules:
- One foot must be on the ground at all times. This means that the lead foot must be in contact with the ground before the back foot can leave the ground. When a person loses contact with the ground, (i.e. both feet off the ground at the same time) this is called “loss of contact.”
- Each leg must be straight (not bent from the knee) from the first moment the foot touches the ground and must remain straight until the leg is in the vertical upright position under the hip. If a race walker fails to have his/her leg straight in this manner with each stride, this is called “bent knee”. Judges will issue disqualification calls for this infraction.
- If a race walker fails to abide by one or both of these rules, then he or she will be given a warning (or red card) by the judges. Three red cards or warnings from three different judges will result in disqualification. Disqualification can occur on the track or course by the head judge showing the red paddle to the walker and asking the walker to leave the course. Disqualification can occur after the race when the judges have had an opportunity to turn in all red cards. Judges can write red cards even without giving a caution if the infractions occur at the end of the race or if the infractions are flagrant.
- Cautions (showing the YELLOW paddle to Racewalker) are given when the race walker is almost walking illegally or is almost violating one of the two rules. Cautions are a courtesy to the race walkers to tell them that they are verging at being illegal. A walker is only entitled to one caution from each judge. Just because a caution is issued does not mean that the judge will also issue a red card. If the race walker pays attention to the caution and adjusts his/her walking to conform to the race walking rules, then no red card will be given.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2019 SUMMER NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2018 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Albuquerque, NM.
1500M / 5K Race Walk Qualifying
- In Race Walk, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games.
- Athletes qualified in either the 100M or the 5K race walk may compete in both events at the National Senior Games.
5K / 10K Road Race Qualifying
- In Road Race, all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games.
- Athletes qualified in either the 5K or 10K road race may compete in both events at the National Senior Games.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|RR001||Race Walk - 1500M|
|RR002||Race Walk - 5K|
|RR003||Road Race - 5K|
|RR004||Road Race - 10K|
|2018 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|ROAD RACE / RACE WALK RESULTS|
|Race Walk - 1500m|
|50-54 F||1||Gina Bufe, Chesterfield||12:52|
|55-59 F||1||JoAnn Coppola, St Louis||10:31|
|65-69 F||1||Karen Swisher, Shawnee Mission, KS||9:12|
|2||Kay Foley, Columbia||10:41|
|3||Lorraine Ramonczuk, Maryland Heights||10:50|
|4||Maggie McCoy, Prairie Village, KS||11:49|
|70-74 F||1||Pat Durkin, Midwood, KS||11:48|
|2||Gayle Johnson, Columbia||11:55|
|85-89 F||1||Maurine Lia, Fenton||11:51|
|60-64 M||1||Jim Scott, Springfield||7:50|
|2||David Couts, Whiteside||8:35|
|3||Steve Terry, Lexington||10:37|
|65-69 M||1||Michael Devaney, Globe, AZ||9:46|
|70-74 M||1||James Hager, O'Fallon||10:44|
|2||Lee Debault, Leawood, KS||11:46|
|75-79 M||1||James McFadden, Owasso, OK||10:50|
|2||John Anderson, Leawood, KS||11:40|
|80-84 M||1||Alan Poisner, Overland Park, KS||10:23|
|85-89 M||1||Fred Adams, Kansas City||11:41|
|2||Gene Hall, Troy||11:45|
|Race Walk - 5K|
|50-54 F||1||Gina Bufe, Chesterfield||46:41|
|65-69 F||1||Lorraine Ramonczuk, Maryland Heights||38:21|
|2||Maggie McCoy, Prairie Village, KS||42:06|
|70-74 F||1||Pat Durkin, Midwood, KS||41:50|
|85-89 F||1||Maurine Lia, Fenton||43:46|
|60-64 M||1||David Couts, Whiteside||29:00|
|65-69 M||1||Michael Sappington, St Louis||40:29|
|2||Lynn Cline, Springfield||47:22|
|70-74 M||1||James Hager, O'Fallon||38:13|
|75-79 M||1||James McFadden, Owasso, OK||37:54|
|85-89 M||1||Fred Adams, Kansas City||41:24|
|2||Gene Hall, Troy||50:39|
|Road Race- 5K|
|50-54 F||1||Debbie Rosslan, Jefferson City||28:54|
|2||Jody Street, Columbia||32:35|
|55-59 F||1||Liz Kyger, Oldfield||23:44|
|2||Lisa Wells, Columbia||25:37|
|3||Janice Houska, Hermann||28:46|
|4||Tammi Elbert, Washington||35:59|
|60-64 F||1||Karen Backes, Jefferson City||29:07|
|2||Denise Vaughan, Independence||29:33|
|3||Melanie Hampton, Hillsboro||42:18|
|65-69 F||1||Gayle Johnson, Columbia||35:30|
|2||Cynthia MacPhersonuntain Grove||36:21|
|70-74||1||Carol Kuhlmann, New Haven||39:15|
|55-59 M||1||Barry Eidson, Payson, IL||26:19|
|2||Mark Jacobs, Washington||36:56|
|3||Allan Benjamin, Columbia||25:09|
|60-64 M||1||Frank Cottey, Springfield||23:10|
|2||Kevin Tyler, Centralia||24:10|
|65-69 M||1||John Howland, Jefferson City||22:43|
|2||Jack Uhrig, Marshall||23:49|
|3||Christopher Hawf, Columbia||35:08|
|4||Jeffrey Moran, Fulton||44:37|
|70-74 M||1||John Anderson, Columbia||22:43|
|2||Jack Maybee, Blue Springs||23:49|
|3||Kenneth Hammann, Columbia||35:08|
|80-84 M||1||David Biersmith, Kansas City||46:37|
|85-89 M||1||Barney Sword, Columbia||37:16|
|Road Race - 10K|
|50-54 F||1||Laruen Laughlin, Springfield||47:59|
|55-59 F||1||Pam Sailors, Springfield||48:49|
|2||Lisa Wells, Columbia||55:22|
|3||Linda Yearout, Wellington, KS||59:18|
|4||Tammi Elbert, Washington||1:18:18|
|60-64 F||1||Karen Backes, Jefferson City||1:08:49|
|2||Melanie Hampton, Hillsboro||1:20:03|
|55-59 M||1||Mark Jacobs, Washngton||1:20:03|
|60-64 M||1||Steve Terry, Lexington||49:18|
|2||David Riley, Springfield||50:09|
|3||Allan Benjamin, Columbia||50:22|
|4||Denny Koonce, Benton||52:08|
|5||Kevin Tyler, Centralia||1:00:46|
|65-69 M||1||Jack Uhrig, Marshall||51:26|
|70-74 M||1||Thom Wilkins, Lebanon||48:34|
|2||Kenneth Hamman, Columbia||1:18:16|