Entries will continue to be accepted until May 31. No on-site registrations will be accepted.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Saturday, June 8, 2019
Doubles - 9:00 am
Singles - 1:00 pm
Columbia Armory Sports Center
701 E Ash St
Deadline for entries will be May 31. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Shuffleboard
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event!
The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Friday of the Senior Games. It will be held in Columbia, MO at Peachtree Catering. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
For more information, visit:
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Competitor’s age for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year. All doubles and mixed doubles competition will be determined by the younger age of the two players. The following age divisions will apply to both men and women for all individual and doubles competitions: 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90-94; 95-99; and 100+.
BASIC RULES AND INFORMATION FOR SCOREKEEPERS AND REFEREES
- The HEAD of the court is the end closest to the scorers’ table.
- YELLOW is always on the right side of the court at the HEAD and the left at the foot!
- A player / doubles team will shoot the same color disk for the entire game. Players will change the shooting order after four frames in singles competition and after six frames in doubles competition.
- A player who is more than 10 minutes late for the scheduled start of a game shall forfeit that game. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS EVENT IF YOU HAVE SCHEDULE CONFLICTS. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO BE PRESENT FOR ALL MATCHES THE SCHEDULE CALLS FOR YOU TO PLAY.
- There will be a separate women’s bracket and a men’s bracket in singles.
- Doubles partners may be of mixed gender. The age division of competition for a doubles team will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31 of the current year.
SCHEDULE OF MATCHES
- Depending on the number of entries in each age division, either a double elimination or a round robin tournament format will be played.
- During competition hours, match schedules will be available at the competition venue.
All shuffleboard matches will be conducted in accordance with the official rules of the National Shuffleboard Association, Inc., except as modified herein.
- Two full rounds of practice will be allowed before each match.
- Singles matches will consist of eight (8) frames. The winner will be the player who has the highest number of points after 8 frames.
- Two singles matches will be played on one court at the same time. Opposing players will play from the same end of the court. Players will not switch ends of the court during a game.
- Doubles matches will consist of twelve (12) frames. Partners will play from opposite ends of the court. Each partner shall complete six (6) frames. The team with the highest point total at the end of 12 frames will be the winner.
- In case of a tie (in both singles and doubles competition), 2 extra frames will be played until the tie is broken.
- Color choice will be determined by the lag method. Players will shoot alternately, first yellow, then black, to the far Dead Line (Lag Line). The disc closest to being centered on the Lag Line (either side) wins and its shooter shall get choice of colors. A player / doubles team will shoot the same color disc for the entire game.
- Once a singles player / doubles team has a lead of 50 or more points at the end of a frame, the game will end.
- Win/Loss Record.
- Head to Head Results.
- Point Differential between Teams involved.
- Point Differential between All Teams.
- Flip of Coin.
- Cues will be provided. However, players may bring their own cues. The cue shall not have an overall length of more than six feet, three inches (6’3”). No metal part of the cue shall touch the playing surface of the court.
- Discs will be provided. There will be eight 6-inch discs used for each court—four Yellow and four Black.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2019 SUMMER NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2018 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Birmingham, Alabama.
In Shuffle Board all first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games.
Athletes must qualify in each shuffleboard event (singles, open doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2019 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|SF001||Shuffleboard - Open Doubles|
|SF002||Shuffleboard - Singles|
|2018 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|SHUFFLEBOARD - SINGLES|
|50-54||1||Melody Blumenkemper, Warrenton|
|Joseph Blumenkemper, Jr, Warrenton|
|2||Patrick Oligschlaeger, St Louis|
|Glen Van Matre, St Louis|
|70-74||1||Beverly Helmsing, Maryland Heights|
|Bob Jennerjohn, Hazelwood|
|2||Clifford Harvey, St Peters|
|Dennis Squires, St Charles|
|75-79||1||Carol Howell, Macon|
|Carl Howell, Macon|
|85-89||1||William Cannon, Ballwin|
|Ed True, O' Fallon, IL|
|SHUFFLEBOARD - OPEN DOUBLES|
|50-54 F||1||Melody Blumenkemper, Warrenton|
|70-74 F||1||Beverly Helmsing, Maryland Heights|
|75-79 F||1||Carol Howell, Macon|
|50-54 M||1||Patrick Oligschlaeger, St Louis|
|55-59 M||1||Joseph Blumenkemper, Jr, Warrenton|
|65-69 M||1||Glen Van Matre, St Louis|
|2||Michael Bruce, High Ridge|
|70-74 M||1||James McNamara, Springfield, IL|
|2||Bob Jennerjohn, Hazelwood|
|3||Clifford Harvey, St Peters|
|75-79 M||1||Carl Howell, Macon|
|2||Dennis Squires, St Charles|
|85-89 M||1||Ed True, O' Fallon, IL|