Saturday, June 9, 2018 - Competition will begin at 9:00 a.m.
Various sites in Columbia, MO
Women's Location - Hickman High School, 1104 N Providence Rd, Columbia, MO 65203
$150 per team
Deadline for entries will be May 31, 2018. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
Teams must check in at least 30 minutes prior to their first game.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Volleyball
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the 2018 Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event! The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. Friday, June 8. It will be held in Columbia, MO at Peach Tree Catering. There will be a brief program followed by the meal. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
AGES FOR COMPETITION
Competitor’s age for the Missouri State Senior Games will be determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the current year.
Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest player on the team as of. All team sports are divided into the following divisions for both men and women: 50+; 55+; 60+; 65+; 70+; and 75+.
- Teams must be of one gender.
- An athlete may compete on only one volleyball team.
- Age divisions for Volleyball will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31 of the current year.
- Teams will be divided into the following six age categories for both men and women: 50+; 55+; 60+; 65+; 70+; and 75+. The following divisions may be used, Division I – (highest level), Division II- and Division III. When there are not enough entrants in any one age category, the tournament will be drawn to combine age categories and the rules governing the competition will be adjusted to best accommodate the combined group.
- For men’s competition, the height of the net will be 7’ 9 5/8". For women's competition, the height of the net will be 7' 2 1/8”.
- Team rosters shall be limited to 15 players.
- Additions or deletions to the team roster may be made up to the team’s first contest. However, any roster changes made following the entry deadline shall not result in a change in the team’s age division. All players must be eligible for the age division entered.
- Total of 6 players maximum on the court at all times.
- Team clothing should be of like design and color. Teams must have numbered shirts (preferably numbered on both front and back).
- Officiating Responsibilities: When your team is not playing, you will be responsible to provide a scorekeeper and 2 linesmen.
- Teams must provide their own practice balls.
- Pool Play (Double Round Robin) matches will consist of two (2) rally point games to 25, no cap, must win by 2 points.
- Winners bracket championship matches will consist of 2 out of 3 rally point games to 25 points, no cap, must win by 2 points.
- Losers bracket matches will consist of 2 out of 3 rally point games to 15 points, no cap, must win by 2 points.
- All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Volleyball rules, except as modified herein.
- A team must have 5 players present to start a game; otherwise, the game is forfeited. A team will be allowed a 5-minute grace period to assemble a minimum of 5 players. The sixth player may enter upon arrival. In the event of injury, a team may continue / finish with a minimum of four players on the floor.
- Teams competing with only five players shall always have three players on the front row. No service rotation penalty shall be assessed for not having six players.
- The referee will flip a coin in the presence of the two team captains to determine which team begins serving for the first game. Teams will then alternate serves.
- In round-robin play, USA Volleyball rules governing tie-breakers will be used.
- Two Liberos are permitted and may be changed from set to set and not have to be designated for their match.
NSGA QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2019 SUMMER NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
The 2018 Missouri State Senior Games will be the only Missouri Qualifying site for the 2019 Summer National Senior Games to be held in Albuquerque, NM.
All first-, second- and third-place winners at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|VB001||Senior Games Volleyball (50+ Men)|
|VB002||Senior Games Volleyball (55+ Men)|
|VB003||Senior Games Volleyball (60+ Men)|
|VB004||Senior Games Volleyball (65+ Men)|
|VB005||Senior Games Volleyball (70+ Men)|
|VB006||Senior Games Volleyball (75+ Men)|
|VB011||Senior Games Volleyball (50+ Women)|
|VB012||Senior Games Volleyball (55+ Women)|
|VB013||Senior Games Volleyball (60+ Women)|
|VB014||Senior Games Volleyball (65+ Women)|
|VB015||Senior Games Volleyball (70+ Women)|
|VB016||Senior Games Volleyball (75+ Women)|
|2018 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|50+ F||1||Team Depends, Jenny Stark, Barnhart|
|2||Age Defying Devas, Jan Horn, Lee's Summit|
|55+ F||1||Card Nets, Dianne Crews, Barnhart|
|2||Never Too Old, Rachel Heisey, Overland Park KS|
|3||Live Wires, Marti Engler, Ballwin|
|60+ F||1||Arch Rivals, Virginia Buckles, St. Louis|
|50+ M||1||One More Game, Glenn Block, Towanda IL|
|2||Low T, Mike Heim, Kirkwood|
|3||JCOG, Tracy Quinn, Jefferson City|
|60+ M||1||Gateway Masters, Lee Clauss, Fenton|
|2||Time Lords, Paul Kipp, St Louis|
|3||CRS St Louis, Steve Pratt, Manchester|
|65+ M||1||Senior Moments, Jerry Williams, St Louis|
|2||Ops, Terry Wright, Independence|