Friday, June 8, 2018 - 4:00pm
120 Nifong Blvd
Columiba MO 65203
Deadline for entries will be May 31, 2018. Late entries may be accepted after this date on a space available basis for a late fee.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Senior Games Online Registration - Washers
Register by Mail: Please complete a Missouri State Senior Games Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
Missouri State Senior Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
DINNER / SOCIAL EVENT:
Thank you Humana for your sponsorship of the 2018 Missouri State Senior Games buffet dinner / social event! The event for participants and guests is scheduled for 6 p.m. Friday, June 8. It will be held in Columbia, MO at Peach Tree Catering. There will be a brief program followed by the meal. The cost for participants is $10.00. There will be a $15.00 charge for each guest.
If you plan to attend the dinner, please indicate this on the entry form and submit the appropriate fees for the participant(s) and any guest(s) that will be attending with you. If you are registering online, there will be a place to indicate attendance during the online registration process. This is important as we must confirm our reservations 7 days in advance of the event.
Washers is a contest between two (2) opponents to determine who is the most accurate at tossing two inch flat metal washers into a target from a distance of fifteen (15) Feet.
- The target box shall consist of a 15 inch square base with sides 4 inches in height. Centered in the box is a cup (PVC Pipe) 4 inches in diameter and 5.5 inches in height.
- Each player will have three flat metal washers (2 inches in diameter) of a color different than his/her opponent's washers.
- All equipment will be provided.
- The distance between the center of one cup and the center of the other shall be fifteen (15) feet.
- The toss lines shall be the back edge of each target box extended. A player must maintain contact with the floor behind the toss line with at least one foot until the washer is released.
- A coin flip will determine which player starts the game. Participants shall alternate first pitch each subsequent inning.
- Washers shall be tossed UNDERHAND.
- Each participant shall toss his/her three washers in succession followed by the opponent tossing his/her three washers.
- A game is divided into INNINGS. Each inning shall consist of six pitched washers, three by each contestant.
- BOUNCE RULE: A washer that first contacts the floor or ground outside the target box shall not be scored even though it might bounce into the scoring box or cup. In such cases, the washer shall be considered "out of count" and shall be removed from the scoring box or cup before the next washer is tossed.
- RIM RULE: A washer that comes to rest on the rim of the scoring box and has not bounced on the floor or ground, does not count UNLESS it subsequently gets knocked into the scoring box or cup by another washer.
- SCORING: Scoring will be based on the "count-all method". Both contestants receive credit for the number of points their own washers are worth in each inning (All washers in the cup or box count towards score).
- Each washer in the box scores one (1) point.
- Each washer in the cup scores three (3 ) points.
- Example: Player A has 2 washers in the box. This results in 2 points for Player A.
- Example: Player B has 2 washers in the box and 1 in the cup. This results in 5 points for Player B.
- LENGTH OF THE GAME: The first competitor to reach twenty-one (21) points at the end of any inning OR the competitor with the highest score after twelve (12) innings of play (whichever occurs first) shall be the winner. If the above results in a tie score, a two inning tie-breaker shall be played. This tie-breaker procedure shall continue until the tie is broken.
- SCOREKEEPING: Once all six washers are tossed both players shall go to the target to determine their scores for the inning. Each contestant shall record both his inning score and his running score on the official score card provided. At the end of the match, the final scores shall be recorded, the card shall be signed by both players and the card shall be turned in at the officials table.
The tournament format shall be determined after the number of entries are known. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS EVENT IF YOU HAVE SCHEDULE CONFLICTS. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO BE PRESENT FOR ALL MATCHES THE SCHEDULE CALLS FOR YOU TO PLAY. "NO SHOWS" CREATE BRACKETING CONFUSION!
|Event Code||Event Name|
|WA001||Washers - Senior Games|
|2018 MISSOURI STATE SENIOR GAMES|
|50-54 M||1||Kelley Young|
|50-54 M||2||Pat Oligschlaeger, St. Louis|
|55-59 M||1||John Jelinek, O'Fallon, IL|
|2||Paul James, Ashland|
|3||Michael McCoy, Lexington|
|60-64 M||1||Scott Schwartz, Chesterfield|
|2||Jeff Bryant, Springfield|
|3||Mike Weeks, Batesville, AR|
|70-74 M||1||Warren Speh, St. Charles|
|75-79 M||1||David Hood, St. Louis|
|85-89 M||1||Ron Jelinek, Smithton, IL|
|2||Dave McCoy, Carthage|
|2||Ed True, O'Fallon, IL|